Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Scrubbed Clean!

In all these years of going to the parlor for my monthly cleaning, scrubbing, de-hairing and overall, trying to look more presentable, I have never felt THIS scrubbed clean ever before. 

On this visit, the parlor had this new lady stylist; and maybe because I am among their less fussy, less difficult clients, they usually do not think twice before letting the new ladies  learn their parlor crafts on me. 
It really is tough being kind, you know. (That should be rewarded really, not punished!)

It's not that she was lazy or any less dedicated to her craft in any way. 
If anything, she was quite the opposite.

Yeah! No one's ever looked that happy at the
sight of blackhead removal things!
PC: Google Images.

So after the initial cleaning and steaming and such, her first important task, I think, was the removal of those yucky blackheads. And my! She seemed to be of the school of thought that  "no nose means no blackheads". 

While lying there getting those blackheads removed, which even under the gentlest of hands is a rather painful experience, my only thought was that I would be walking out without a single blackhead on my nose this time (Good job, girl!), considering I was going to be walking out without a nose (erm...).



And then started the massage. The brute strength on my blackheads should have been fair warning really, but my brain simply comforted me that that was only due to those ugly little blackheads she wanted off. She had no reason to hate my face so much, did she.

Well, apparently she did...

And all I could think of while lying there in that ugly, shapeless, parlor gown, was what people would think if I walked out of here with handprints on my face!

After the massage came the eyebrow threading and this time my brain had no excuses left to pacify me. I was trembling. 

When she descended on my brows with absolute dedication and determination to remove all that unseemly hair, all I could seem to think of lying there was, 'when I'm arrested for not having any eyebrows, would "it is my stylist's fault"be enough to bail me out'. 

She would do Wonder Woman proud, I say. 
Way to go, Girl Power. Or not so much! 
Ouch.

4 comments:

  1. "She seemed to be of the school of thought that "no nose means no blackheads". .. hahaha.. that one had me in splits.. absolutely hilarious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks.I am glad you enjoyed it. Though it wasn't very funny at that moment... :D

      Delete
    2. Went through some of your blogs. I feel you can consider writing a book. some of the blogs are really engaging the reader and really able to connect with them. My 2 cents

      Delete
    3. Aww Thanks so much! You don't know how much that means. :) It is a dream that one day I might be able to write something of my own. However, writing down snippets and actual occurrences is one thing; I have never been very good at coming up with fictional characters in fictional worlds. So, it remains a far away dream. :)

      Delete