Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Saturday in Office

This blog originated in my office on a Saturday because I could not think of what else to do to ward off these major bouts of sleep that were assaulting me. Not the best place to have my creating energy flowing but this at least helped keep my eyes open on a very boring and non-productive day and hour when none of my official mails or phone calls were drawing any responses. How we landed ourselves into this yawning, un-productive predicament today? Cos on Thursday the ruling party of Tamil nadu decided that bringing an entire state in India to a standstill would somehow help the plight of the Tamilians in SriLanka.

Well not getting into my opinions regarding this political jumble, my office decided to compensate for the one days loss by making us work on a Saturday. Since more than 50% of the people did not turn up anyways, since none of our other offices where our big bosses and other colleagues sit were working and since none of our clients were also working, what this helped to do was only to maintain that minimum number of working days that every city office is to maintain in an year.

So here I am writing a blog about nothing at all, surrounded by some colleagues on personal calls (stealing the sleeps of their friends and family because they couldn't catch their own), some others typing personal mails, some others sitting in cafeteria chatting away and some with their heads on their desks - simply dozing...

No comments:

Post a Comment