Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wrapped Earphones

Crafty & colorful is the way to be. :)


One of the most fun (and it goes without saying, pretty easy) crafts I decided to try first was the yarn wrapped earphones. There are a number of tutorials that you can find on Pinterest. I used this one which had lots and lots of pictures to explain the process, just the way I like it. I did tend to go WILD and made mine with tonnes of bright burst of colors in different lengths. And I love it more everyday.

Along with looking totally RAD and adding a lot of color to my day, the thing I love the most about it is that it saves me at least an hour everyday, otherwise spent in the process of untangling headphones. No really. wrapping yarn around your headphones prevents tangling to a huge extent and it might have taken me all of one hour (my precious hour between when kiddo goes to sleep and I finally do. :D )

One note: The thicker the yarn, the lesser the tangling and of course, quicker the entire process of wrapping. But, I feel the thinner yarns look better. So find the right balance of yarn. And it's as easy as that!

And now, you hardly ever see me without this burst of color running down from my ear to my bag. :D 

The fun thing is, I also just love seeing it lying on my office desk or bed, when not stuck in my ear. It just makes every space look fun and happy.

1 comment: