Saturday, December 19, 2009

Silenced By Silence

Somehow I have not been able to put into words the many thoughts, emotions and events that seem to be occurring around me all these days, while I seem to be floating through my life enveloped in a misty hazy cloud.

These past few days, I have not even been able to analyze or comprehend
anything that I have been hearing or seeing or even thinking. Every time I open my blog page attempting to write down a thought or event, I merely end up on a read quest. I managed to increase my list of 'blogs to follow' and have been reading away and envying the ease with which all the others have been able to understand and express right from their souls. But even this journey into other's hearts has failed to enable me to sort out my thoughts and put them on this blank white screen.
I have been pondering the many topics that have crept into the space in my head - from world affairs, to books Iv been reading, to the movies iv been seeing, to conversations Iv been having and most importantly, the silence surrounding most of my days, as thats when my thoughts speak to me the best. But, somehow I haven't gotten the drive or the inspiration to go beyond a few words on anything, leaving a trail of drafts in my posts list.

What I fear the most is letting this new, drawn out silence to encompass every aspect of self expression known to me, leaving me with only enough strength for absorbing feelings of complete strangers.
I wonder if I'm drifting further away from this unexpected, unnerving present that I am in, and losing myself in the strange silent abyss...

Or maybe, its just 'one of those days'.... spreading out over more days each time....till later

5 comments:

  1. Everyone goes through this..... it's called writer's block

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.s-anand.net/calvinandhobbes.html#19950303 check this link out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha thanks. but i believe it'd be rather conceited of me to claim that I was suffering from 'writers block' as I would reserve that for the accomplished 'writers'. he he...n the comic strip made my day...who can ignore calvin n hobbes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nahl, I'm pretty new at blogging and thats very encouraging :)
    By the way, visited your blog and loved it...

    ReplyDelete